837 Main Street
Racine, WI 53403
Phone: (262) 636-3405
Hours: 7:30AM - 4:00PM M/F
To Report Fraud: (262) 898-8401

Voucher Portability

Outgoing Vouchers

Current voucher holders who are residents of Racine County may “port” their Housing Choice Voucher outside of Racine County. However, if your name comes up on the waiting list while you are living outside of Racine County and you are issued a voucher, you must utilize the voucher in Racine County for at least 12 months before porting out.

Participants may not port out if they are in violation of family obligations or if they owe money to HARC or their landlord.

 Request for Portability Form

For admission to the Voucher program, a family must be income eligible in the area where the family initially leases a unit with assistance under the program. If an applicant family exercises portability, the income limit of the receiving housing authority is used.

DO NOT MOVE BEFORE COMPLETING ALL OF THE PORTABILITY PAPERWORK AND GETTING APPROVAL FROM YOUR HOUSING SPECIALIST. Failure to do so may result in loss of your voucher and cause you to be responsible for your full rent payment.

Incoming Vouchers

Clients wishing to transfer their voucher to HARC or to move to Racine County should notify their caseworker at their hometown housing authority for guidance on doing so. HARC is currently ABSORBING incoming Vouchers.

The initial housing authority should send all Portability paperwork to:

Housing Authority of Racine County                 Roscely Santiago  port@rcha.org 
837 Main Street
Racine, WI 53403
Phone: 262-636-3405
Fax: 262-636-3404