837 Main Street
Racine, WI 53403
Phone: (262) 636-3405
Hours: 7:30AM - 4:00PM M/F
To Report Fraud: (262) 898-8401

Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing (VASH)

The HUD-Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing (HUD-VASH) program combines Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) rental assistance for homeless Veterans with case management and clinical services provided by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).  VA provides these services for participating Veterans at VA medical centers (VAMCs) and community-based outreach clinics. VA screens and makes referrals to the Housing Authority.​

The case managers at the VA are responsible for accepting applications and referring eligible homeless veterans to the Housing Authority of Racine County.  Therefore, any interested homeless veteran will need to contact the VA directly.  HARC has no role in determining or verifying the veteran’s homeless status.  Only the VA will make that determination.

HARC currently administers 59 VASH vouchers.

Please contact:  Tammy Haley at thaley@rcha.org or 262-636-3416